Tuesday, March 6, 2012

B-b-baby it's cold outside.


Exercise, as so many incredibly insightful articles in super-useful trade magazines will tell you, is very important for an opera singer. Not only is it important to be in shape for superficial reasons, it's important for your singing and acting, too. Should I talk about this for another three pages? Wouldn't that be, like, the most fascinating, informative thing in the whole world? *ahem* Please forgive the sarcasm. I just finished reading Bossypants. But for reals, it is important to exercise, and it is also important to save money. When you spend most of your indoor time ensconced in an attractive snuggie/hoodie/cuddleduds ensemble, in can be difficult to convince yourself to trade it in for a hoodie/gloves/spandex ensemble and hit the pavement. There is one brilliant invention that has helped me make the transition, even on the chilliest of afternoons. It changed my life and I hope it changes yours. It is snuggie-like in it's combined simplicity and genius. It is...


There is even an adorable picture of a turtle on it.

So, why am I devoting an entire post to this product? Am I getting paid? I wish. Turtle Fur, if you would like a spokesmodel, I am your gal. The reason I'm writing about this is because it really does make a huge difference for an opera singer. It is almost impossible to run outside in the winter because your throat feels like you've just eaten twenty pounds of ice afterwards. If you have to sing later in the day, it's just not an option, at least not for me. When I run, I also do embarrassing things like lunges, (which turn me red and make me groan audibly), and very, very pathetic push-ups on picnic tables. If I was gulping down 42-degree air, or even 52-degree air, I would get about three blocks and turn around. And that is not the way of the modern-day Sexy Opera Singer! So, what does the modern-day Sexy Opera Singer do? He/she purchases some Turtle Fur, sticks it around their head so it covers their nose and mouth, and breaths moist, warm air during their wintery outdoor workout. Sound gross? I may be insane but it's actually kind of nice. And, after the purchase, it's freeeeeeeee.
Yes, there is a jam stain on my hoodie.  Don't hate.

No comments:

Post a Comment